1) Q: How can I find properties that are open during my trip?
A: There are a few ways to see what properties are open during certain dates. If you go to the home page of the Sea to Sky website, there is a menu that prompts you to enter an arrival and departure date. It will then give you a list of properties that are open during your specified dates. Another option is calling the Sea to Sky office directly at 1 -206- 632-4210. Someone will be happy to find an available location for you.
2) Q: How do I get my keys to my vacation rental?
A: It varies depending on the rental. Some of our rentals you access with a key code, meet a greeter, or have a physical key to get into the rental. Once your date gets closer, you will receive access information for your specific rental. We try to make sure there is a set of keys for every 2 people in the rental.
3) Q: What If I need to cancel?
A: Our complete vacation rental policies can be found in your rental agreement, but a general outline is as follows:
- If you book 30 days or more away from your arrival date: We’ll charge 20% of the total of your reservation at the time of booking. You have up to 24 hours from making the reservation to cancel without any penalty; however after the 24 hours your deposit will become non-refundable. Once your reservation becomes 30 days away, we will automatically charge the credit card on file the remaining balance. Once we charge the remaining balance, the entire reservation becomes non-refundable.
- If you book less than 30 days away from your arrival date: We will charge the full amount at the time of booking. You have up to 24 hours from making the reservation to cancel, but after the 24 hours, you will be locked into your reservation.
4) Q: Can I bring a pet to my vacation rental?
A: Some of our rentals are dog friendly; you can find which specific ones are by either calling our office, or checking on our website. There is a pet application, prior approval from Sea to Sky Rentals management and a $150 non-refundable pet cleaning fee required.
5) Q: Is parking included?
A: Our downtown vacation rentals have complimentary parking for one vehicle, which is located in the building’s secure parking garage (excludes our 5th Avenue Luxury Suite). If you need additional spots, please let us know and we can let you know where the nearest garage is.
For our rentals located in the neighborhoods, there’s either a designated parking spot or non-metered street parking available. If you have any questions, please read the rental description on our website or call our office.
6) Q: What is provided in the properties?
A: All of our properties come fully furnished and a fully stocked kitchen that includes basic kitchen utensils, pots, pans, etc. Our rentals also include linens, towels, hand and dish soap, toilet paper, paper towels, and a washer/dryer. We also offer complimentary cable TV and high-speed internet in each rental. If you have any special requests, please let us know and we can do our best to accommodate you.
7) Q: What if I have an emergency? Who do I call?
A: If there is ever an emergency within a unit (gas leak, water leak, electrical problem, etc.) you can reach us during our office hours. If there is ever an emergency within the rental during after-hours, we have an emergency number that you will receive in your final travel documents. This number will connect you to one of our employees to assist you right away.
8) Q: Is it possible to stay less than three nights?
A: Our company policy states that we require a three-night minimum stay for our rentals. However, if a property is still available a week prior to your arrival date, we may be able to book you in for 2 nights depending on the rental. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate 1 night stays.
Please note that our Cristalla #804 has a 29 night minimum and our Newmark Tower #1104 and Pike Place Market Suite have a 7 night minimum. This is due to HOA regulations.
9) Q: What happens if I lose my key/fob/parking pass?
A: Please let us know right away. We require that all of our guests leave their keys/fobs/parking passes in the unit when they check-out for the next guests.
10) Q: Do we have to pay for cleaning and the damage protection insurance?
A: The cleaning fee is mandatory. The damage insurance is optional; either that or a refundable $2000 security deposit is required with every booking.
11) Q: What is the damage protection insurance and why do I need it?
A: The damage protection insurance is a no-fault no-deductible policy that covers accidental or unintentional physical damage to the rental for up to either $1500 or $3000, depending on your coverage level.
12) Q: I’m planning to rent with you a month or longer. What is included with the rent?
A: All utilities, cable, high-speed internet, and bi-monthly housekeeping are included when you stay with us 29 nights or longer. Please contact us for monthly rates.
13) Q: An issue came up during my stay, who do I contact?
A: We ask you to please let us know during your stay if not everything is up to your standards or if you’ve noticed something is broken. In most cases we are able to solve the issue same-day. If we’re unable to solve the issue in a timely manner, we will contact you regarding follow up for the inconvenience.
14) Q: I won’t have transportation once I’m in town, what are the local transportation services?
A: There are many taxi services to choose from in the Seattle area. The website http://www.taxifarefinder.com/ lets you search via location or destination, and then finds the closet taxi according to your info. There is also a website http://metro.kingcounty.gov/ that lets you locate the nearest buses to you and where each one is headed. You can easily use these two services to get around town in a breeze.